If you are a Windows user, you may not have heard about HEIC. HEIC is an image format introduced by Apple in 2017. The highlight of this format is its fantastic compression ratio. An HEIC image is twice lighter than a JPG image of the same quality. Besides, there is no edge noise of JPEG in HEIC images. Although HEIC is very great, it also brings you troubles if you want to view it on Windows computers or Android phones. You can't open HEIC files on the aforesaid devices since HEIC format is not supported on them. If your friends share you with images in HEIC format and your devices are Windows based or Android based, what would you do? Fortunately, due to the development of file format converter software, you can use HEIC file converter app to get JPG or PNG. There are too many HEIC to JPG or PNG converting tools on the market. It is somewhat a daunting task to find reliable ones from them. If you want to save your time doing so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will show you two software tools with which you can convert images from HEIC to JPG or PNG effortlessly.
#1. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
As the name suggests, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is an application that is specialized in converting HEIC to other formats. It is able to turn HEIC files to PNGs, JPGs, and PDFs. I like this app for its simplicity. The interface is extremely simple and the settings are very intuitive. After installing Vertexshare HEIC File Converter, you will find this lightweight app takes up only 18MB space. Batch converting files is allowed and there is no limit to the number of files to be converted. The conversion duration depends on how many files are in the task and is within a few seconds to several minutes. This app does not only process files quickly but also ensures good quality. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a desktop app, so no internet connection is required. Therefore, you are assured that no data will be uploaded and you don't have to be worried about data breaches. Vertexshare HEIC file converter does not cost you a penny and won't leave watermarks to JPGs, PNGs, and PDFs. All in all, regardless of whether you want to get a PDF, PNG, or JPG from an HEIC file, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter deserves a try. By using it, you can fast get the format you want from HEIC so that you can view the image on your Windows system.
- Sport a user-friendly interface.
- No learning curves.
- Completely free for use. No watermarks left to converted files.
- You can convert multiple files at the same time.
- Convert HEIC files at a blazing speed and generate high-quality PNGs, JPGs, and PDFs
- No internet connection required and no uploading your data.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to convert an image from HEIC to JPG or PNG.
How to convert an image from HEIC to JPG or PNG with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Launch the program and you will see a sleek and clean window.
- Throw your HEIC image onto the white working space. Or click on the "Add Heic" button, browse to your HEIC image, select it, and click on "Open".
- When your HEIC image is imported to the program, it will appear in the task list. If you've imported the wrong file, click on the "Close" button to remove it. To remove all imported files, press the "Clear all" button on the top of the window.
- Press the "Options" button and the "Options" dialog box will show up. Select "JPG" or "PNG" as you want.
- Go to the "Save Path" section. Click on the "Browse" button to specify the location where the JPG or PNG will be saved. You can also enter the location for saving the converted file in the box.
- Press the "Convert" button to start the conversion. Wait for a while. You will see the green check mark that indicates the conversion is done.
#2. Apowersoft HEIC Converter
If you don't want to install any software onto your system, you can try Apowersoft HEIC Converter. This is a web-based software tool to convert HEIC images to JPG formats. A nifty feature of this app is that it enables you to keep EXIF data, which contains some information of the photo captured by digital cameras and smartphones, like date, time, exposure time, ISO setting and aperture number. Besides, it lets you specify the quality of the output image. Converting multiple files in a batch is supported. The uploaded files won't be forwarded to third parties and they will be deleted after conversion. So, don't fear privacy loss. Apowersoft HEIC Converter is free to use and there is no need to create an account for using it.
- Offer a free service.
- No need to sign up for an account.
- You can batch convert HEIC images
- Make it possible to keep the EXIF data.
Follow the steps below to use Apowersoft HEIC Converter to convert an image from HEIC to JPG.
- Head over to the site. Drag and drop your HEIC image into the drop box. You can also click on the working area to select and open your HEIC image.
- Your HEIC image will be uploaded and converted to the JPG format automatically. When the conversion is done, press the download button to save the JPG image to your hard drive.
It is frustrating that you can't open the HEIC images sent from others on your computer or phone. The two apps mentioned previously will iron out this issue for you. They can help you obtain JPGs or PNGs from HEIC images. It is sure that there are some other good software tools to handle the task. If someday you find them, please let me know by leaving your comment below.