Two image stitching tools to create a collage
Posted On June 24, 2021
Combining images into a collage is what you need to do at one time or another. You have some beautiful landscape photographs. Putting them side by side in one photo catches more viewers' attention than showing them individually. You want to take screenshot on a webpage. The area to be captured is vertically so long that it can't be entirely displayed on your screen. Finally, you only capture different portions of it and you have to stitch them together. To advertise your app, you make several images that introduce its features and need to join them to make a banner. To display a weekend art activity on social media, you want to collage the photos into a single one. Thanks to the development of software technology, making a collage has never been easier than it is today. In this article, I will introduce you to two image stitching tools with which you can easily create a collage.
#1. Photo Stitcher by Vertexshare
With a suggestive name, Photo Stitcher is a lightweight app to help you blend landscape photographs into a panorama or make a neat collage with pictures. It gives you the ability to further retouch the stitched image with some editing utilities.
Launch the program and you will be welcomed by a sleek and clean window. Most of the window is a preview panel. It is where you can zoom and pan the stitched image, modify its height or width, and edit it. In the right-side panel, there are some basic editing tools for you to touch up the stitched image in many aspects. You can specify the direction in which you align the imported images. Besides, you can add spacings between the adjacent images and outer spacings to the stitched image. What's more, you can crop the stitched image to remove the unwanted areas and get the desired section. Moreover, you can draw free-form shapes, squares and arrows over the images. In addition, you can cover the sensitive parts of the images using different types of mosaics. Furthermore, you are allowed to watermark the stitched image to protect your work. You can add a watermark to the bottom of the stitched image or full-page watermarks to the entire stitched image. It is also possible to adjust the colors of the watermark, spacing and shape by picking colors on palettes.
Photo Stitcher is a piece of simple yet powerful image stitching software. It enables you to merge individual images into one image and make edits on it. With a robust engine, it makes sure of a speedy image stitching process. Due to the minimalist layout and intuitive settings, Photo Stitcher can be quickly mastered by both less experienced users and professionals. Regardless of whether you want to create a collage with photos or convert screenshots into one image, Photo Stitcher deserves a try.
Now, let's dive into the part of how to use Photo Stitcher to create a collage.
How to create a collage with Photo Stitcher
- Open Photo Stitcher. Go to the "PICK DIRECTION" section in the right-side panel. Choose "HORIZONTAL" or "VERTICAL" as the direction in which you will position your images.
- Throw your images into the drop box saying "Drag and Drop Your Photo Here". Or click on "File"->"Add Photo" to add your images into the program. You can also import the images by clicking on the "Add" button. To remove the imported images, click on the "Remove" button next to the "Add" button.
- If you import images with large dimensions, the images will not fit the screen. To make the images fit the screen, click on "Edit"->"Fit Screen".
- Press the "Edit images" button beside the "Remove" button. The "Edit images" panel will show up. In this panel, you can drag and drop photos to adjust the order of the images. If you want to delete an image, right-click on the image and select "Delete".
- Perhaps you'd like to add spacings to the stitched photo to improve its appearance. Go to the "SPACING" section in the right-side panel. Three options are available for add spacings. Let's say, we choose the right one. Pull the "Inner" slider and "Outer" slider to adjust the size of inner spacings and outer spacings. Choose one color on the palette as the color of the spacings.
- Press the "Save as" button to export the stitched image to a desired location. Or click on "File"->"Save As" to save the stitched image into a destination folder.
#2. Image Online.Co
Photo Stitcher does an amazing job of stitching multiple images into a collage. It is a piece of commercial software and you can only use it 15 times for free. To buy a lifetime license, you have to shell out 29 dollars. If you want a free app to get the job done, Image Online.Co is a good choice. Image Online.Co is a free online image editor. It comes packed with a wide range of utilities to manipulate your images. One of them is an image stitcher you can use to merge images seamlessly to get a collage. Without further ado, let's see how to use Image Online.Co to create a collage in the following part.
How to create a collage with Image Online.Co
- Head over to the site. Go to the left pane. Click on the "Image Manipulation tools". tab.
- Choose "Merge Images" in the expanded tab.
- Click on "Add image" to add your images. Image Online.Co doesn't let you rearrange the added images. So you have to add the images one by one in the right order.
- Choose "Vertically' or "Horizontally" to specify the merging direction.
- If the dimensions of your images are not uniform, choose "Resize to Highest Dimension image" or "Resize to Lowest Dimension image" to resize images during the merging process.
- Press the "Merge Image" button to start merging the images.
- When the process is done, you will see the merged image in the preview area.
- Click on "Download – png" or "Download – jpg" to select the format of the output image and download the image.
There are times when you need to collage photos together. The two collage makers mentioned above are user-friendly and do not have learning curves. With the help of the, you can create a collage with your images without any hassle. Tell me which tool you prefer by leaving a comment below.