You wanted your friends to share the scenery photos taken by them with you. They sent the photos to your Android smartphone or you transferred the copied photos to your Windows laptop. When opening the folder where the images are stored, you find something weird. The image thumbnails are not visible and you can't open these images on your device. You wonder what is going wrong. After checking the extension of these images, you find that the extension is neither JPG nor PNG and it is HEIC. HEIC is a format that was introduced to iPhone users when iOS 11 was released. This new image format has many advantages. The most important one is its remarkable compression. HEIC saves up to 50% of storage while preserving the image quality in comparison with JPG. Though HEIC is great it also causes troubles. It is not supported by Windows-based computers and Android phones. That is why you can't view HEIC images on these devices. This is when you need HEIC converter software to transform HEIC images to JPGs or PNGs. There are a lot of HEIC converting products on the digital market. Some of them don't do the job well enough. Finding reliable HEIC converter apps from them will take a large amount of time. If you want to save the time doing so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will walk you through two HEIC converters that can help you change HEIC photos to PNGs or JPGs.
#1. TunesBro HEIC Converter
TunesBro HEIC Converter is a software program that is available for Windows platform and Mac platform. It is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8, and Windows 10. It supports converting HEIC format to JPG and PNG. This is a wonderful app that is powered by two smart engines. One is the single conversion engine that allows you to convert a single HEIC photo. The other one is the batch conversion engine that enables you to convert up to 100 HEIC images at the same time. The HEIC photos are converted accurately no matter which mode is used. You are allowed to determine the output quality. What's more, you are given the choice to keep the Exif data or not. Due to the simple interface and intuitive settings, TunesBro HEIC Converter can be quickly mastered by both rookies and professionals. TunesBro HEIC Converter has won some awards for the contribution to converting HEIC photos to traditional image formats and has been vouched by millions of users. If you have the need to turn HEIC into JPG or PNG, I suggest that you give this app a shot.
- The app is able to batch convert HEIC images.
- Come with both Windows version and Mac version.
- Zero loss during the conversion.
- Let you adjust the quality of the output image before conversion.
- No data breaches since the app converts files locally.
Now, let's see how to use TunesBro HEIC Converter to change a HEIC photo to a JPG or PNG.
How to change a HEIC photo to a JPG or PNG with TunesBro HEIC Converter
- Download and install TunesBro HEIC Converter.
- After installing the software, launch the program and you will see two options in the window.
- Select "Convert Single Photo".
- You will see a window where you can add photos. Drag and drop your HEIC photo into the window or click on "Add HEIC" to import the photo.
- Go to the right pane. Click on the downward arrow button to open the "Format" drop-down menu. Choose the format you want to convert HEIC to. Type in a specific number in the "Quality" box to set the quality of the output image. Ticket the "Keep Exif Data" box or not as you want. Type in the destination location in the "Output Path".
- When you have finished setting the parameters and the output path, click on the "Convert" button. When the conversion is done, a dialog box pops up to tell you the file is converted successfully. Click on the "Open folder" button to check the converted JPG or PNG image.
#2. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is another application to help you transform the format of photos from HEIC to JPG or PNG. Moreover, it is able to turn HEIC images into PDFs. Because of the simple design, this app does not have steep learning curves. This means it is suitable for both inexperienced users and experienced users. This app lets you convert an unlimited number of HEIC images in a batch. You can expect fast conversion and high-quality converted files. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter works offline. The entire conversion is performed on your device, making sure of no risk of privacy leaks. Overall speaking, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a nice app to handle the HEIC to JPG or PNG conversion and deserves a try.
- Free to use and safe to use.
- Support batch processing.
- No limits to the number of files to be converted.
- Do not have the function of adjusting the quality of the output image.
- Do not offer the option to keep the Exif data or not.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to change a HEIC photo to a JPG or PNG.
How to change a HEIC photo to a JPG or PNG with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Throw your HEIC photo into the working space. Or click on "Add Heic" to add the photo into the program.
- There is an "Options" button at the top of the window. Press the "Options" button and the "Options" dialog box will show up. Click on "JPG" or "PNG" to choose the format of the output image.
- There is a "Browse" button at the top of the window. Click on the "Browse" button to designate the location for saving the output image. You can also type in the location in the "Save Path" box.
- Press "Convert" to and the conversion will begin. The conversion will be done after a few seconds.
Your friends have a lot of beautiful landscape shots they can't share with you. Those photographs are saved as HEIC format by their iPhones and you are using a Dell computer or a Samsung phone. It is so frustrating. To solve this program, you can use the two apps mentioned above to convert the HEIC format to JPG or PNG. I wish you can give me your review on them in the comment section below.