You may be experiencing this situation. Your friends have shared you with some photos. They sent the photos to you or transferred the copied photos to your laptop. When opening the folder where the image is stored, you find that the image thumbnails are not displayed. You double-click on the image and it turns out that they can't be opened. When checking the extension of the image, you find the extension is HEIC rather than PNG or JPG. HEIC is a new format introduced by MPEG. The photos taken by iPhones with iOS 11 were saved in HEIC by default. HEIC format is not supported by Windows-based computers. If you want to view the images in this format on your Windows system, what would you do? As a matter of fact, you can use HEIC converter software to convert HEIC to JPG or PNG. The internet is flooded with HEIC converter software products. I am sure you will spend a lot of time finding reliable products from them. If you want to save the time doing so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will walk you through two apps that can help you create JPGs or PNGs from HEIC images.
#1. Jihosoft Free HEIC Converter
Jihosoft HEIC Converter is an easy-to-use desktop application for converting iOS photos from HEIC to JPG. It is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. This is an amazing HEIC converting tool that is free to use and supports batch processing. It is safe and risk-free because it works 100% offline and does not upload your file to cloud servers. You can expect fast conversion that takes between a few seconds to some minutes and the quality won't be damaged during the conversion. Overall speaking, Jihosoft HEIC Converter is a pretty good HEIC converting app and worth a shot for its expeditious conversion. No matter whether you are a newbie or professional, you can quickly master this app.
- You can use this app for free.
- Work offline and won't leak your personal information.
- Suitable for both inexperienced users and experienced users.
- Enable you to convert multiple HEIC images at the same time.
- Does not support HEIC images to PNGs.
- Does not come with the Mac version.
Now, let's see how to use Jihosoft HEIC converter to create a JPG or PNG from HEIC format.
How to create a JPG or PNG from HEIC format with Jihosoft HEIC Converter
- Download the installer and install Jihosoft HEIC Converter.
- Launch the program and you will see a simple and clean window.
- Press the big "+" button, browse to your HEIC image, select it, and click on "Open" to import your HEIC image into the program. You can also directly drag and drop your HEIC file into the program.
- Go to the bottom of the window. Click on the three-dots button beside the "Open" button to select the folder you want to save the JPG image.
- Press the "Save to JPG" button to start the conversion. When the conversion is done, click on the "Open" button to open the saving folder and check the converted JPG.
#2. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a wonderful app to transform HEIC format to other formats. It is able to change HEIC images to PNGs, JPGs, and PDFs. This app is very small and only 18MB. Aiming for simplicity, it sports a straightforward interface and comes with intuitive settings. This makes sure that it can be easily handled by both novices and experts. For the convenience of converting files, this app supports batch processing and does not limit the number of files to be converted. Its robust engine ensures fast conversion as well as excellent image quality. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter works as an offline app, the entire conversion process is performed on your computer. This means that there is no risk of data leaks. All in all, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a simple yet powerful app that manages to convert HEIC format to JPG, PNG, and PDF. I highly recommend it to those who are looking for a capable HEIC file converter because of its ease of use.
- It is entirely free for use.
- It is very easy to use.
- Support batch converting HEIC images.
- The conversion is fast.
- No quality loss after conversion.
- The private information is protected since the conversion is executed locally.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to create a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
How to create a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Throw your HEIC image into the working area. Or click on "Add Heic" to add your HEIC image to the program.
- Go to the top of the window. Press the "Options" button to and the "Options" dialog box will be opened. Click on "JPG" or "PNG" to choose the image format according to your need.
- Navigate to the bottom of the window. Click on the "Browse" button to designate the location where the JPG or the PNG will be saved. Or type in the designated location in the "Save Path" box.
- Press "Convert" to begin converting the HEIC image to a JPG or PNG. When the conversion is done, you will be notified by a green check mark.
When iOS 11 was rolled out, HEIC format was adopted by Apple to replace JPG and save photos taken by iPhone. This format is efficient on storage while preserving image quality. Although HEIC is great, you will get stuck when you want to open HEIC images on your Windows or Android device. That's why the two HEIC converter apps mentioned previously are developed. By using them, you can get JPGs or PNGs from HEIC images without any hassle.