Make images bigger while maintaining image quality
Sometimes, image size and image dimensions bring troubles to image uses. You are writing a post and need to insert an image into the post. But the image is below the accepted minimum size. You have an image you want to use as the profile picture. But when you try to upload it you are prompted that the image dimensions are too small. To increase the image size and image dimensions, you can use an image editor to resize the image. This can be done very easily. However, when the image becomes bigger, the image will become blurry. This is because pixels that consist of images are squares and enlarged with the image being enlarged. To solve this problem, you should turn to AI image enlarging software. AI image enlarging software is able to compensate for all enlarged pixels, ensuring the image will not look blurry when it is enlarged. There are a lot of AI image enlarging apps on the market. If you are not very sure about which apps are reliable, you will spend a lot of time finding them. If you want to save time doing so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will introduce a nice app to you, which is capable of making images bigger while maintaining image quality.
Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI
Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI is a piece of professional image upscaling software that increases the size and dimensions of images without lowering image quality. This app allows you to make image size increase to 2 times and 4 times. The upscaling conversion is very fast. Tests indicate that the conversion finishes within a few seconds to several minutes. The service of Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI is completely free to use and using the service does not require you to create an account. This is the bright side of the app. The downside of the app is that batch upscaling images is not supported and there are limits to the size and the dimensions of the image to be uploaded. The size of the image can't exceed 5MB and the dimensions of the image can't surpass 1200px*1200px. Speaking of privacy and security, Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI clears all uploaded items and upscaled items from its server every day. On the whole, if you want to get bigger images without losing image quality, Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI is worth a try.
- The service is totally free to use and you don't have to sign up to use its service.
- Removes noises from images and sharpens images during the upscaling process.
- Batch processing images is not allowed.
- Has limits to image size and image dimensions.
Let's see how to use Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI to make images bigger while maintaining image quality.
How to make images bigger while maintaining image quality using Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI
- Drag and drop your image into the drop box. You can also click on the "Upload" button to select and open your image.
- As you can see, the default upscaling ratio is set to 2 times. If you want to enlarge the image by 4 times, click on "2x" to open the drop-down menu and choose "4x".
- Press the red "Start" button to start the upscaling conversion. You will see a "Download" button when the upscaling conversion is finished. Click on the "Download" button and the upscaled image will be opened in a new browser tab. Choose "Save image as" to save the upscaled image to the desired folder.
As you can see, Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI is intuitive and easy to use. Like I mentioned previously, this online app has limitations to the size and dimensions of the image to be uploaded. If you want to upscale an image that is beyond the limit, you can take advantage of Adobe Photoshop. Without further ado, let's see how to do it in the following part.
- Open Photoshop and throw your image into the program.
- Go to the top of the window and click on "File". Go to "Preferences" and click on "Technology Previews". You will be taken to the "Technology Previews" tab in the "Preferences" dialog. Check the "Enable Preserve Details 2.0 Upscale" box. Click on "OK" to close the dialog.
- Click on "Image"->"Image Size" to open the "Image Size" dialog. Type in numbers in the width and height boxes to get the desired dimensions.
- Check the "Resample" box. The default setting of "Resample" is "Automatic". The setting "Automatic" will use the last mode used. To make sure Photoshop uses "Preserve Details 2.0", you should click on "Automatic" to open the drop-down menu and choose "Preserve Details 2.0".
- There is a "Reduce Noise" slider for noise reduction. Drag the slider to set the strength of noise reducing.
- Click on "OK" to close the dialog. Check the result and save the changes.
Image quality is very important. It is a little frustrating that making images larger reduces image quality. If you want to avoid quality loss, you have to use some software tools like Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI to enlarge images. There are many great AI image enlargers and I just list one of them in this article. Perhaps you will find other good apps to do the work in future. If so, please let me know in the comment section below.