How to watermark your photos to protect your copyright
Posted On July 15, 2021
As digital photography rises, a growing number of people share their photos on social media. It is a great method to discuss photography skills and make friends with likeminded people. But the thing is that you may encounter copyright theft. Someone posts your photos on their social media page without your authorization. Your art of work contributes much exposure to his social media page. Thus, it is important to protect your copyright and prevent your photo from being stolen. Watermarking your photos is a nice way to do this. When it comes to adding watermarks to your photos, you need to lean in favor of photo editors. There are countless photo editing programs with watermarking tools on the market. But not all of them are designed for beginners. If you are looking for a beginner-friendly photo editor app to help you watermark photos, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will take you through two apps with which you can watermark your photos with ease.
#1. Photo Stitcher
Photo Stitcher is one of the photo processing apps developed by Vertexshare. It aims to stitch photos together to make a collage and blend photos to create a panorama. Coming packed with extensive utilities, Photo Stitcher also allows you to touch up your photo in a breeze.
Fire up Photo Stitcher and you will be greeted with a sleek and clean window. There are mainly two panels in this window. One is the preview panel, which takes up most of the window. In this panel, you can zoom and pan the photo, change its height or width, and edit it. The other panel is on the right side of the window. This is a panel in which a series of editing tools are located. You can use them to retouch your photo. You can add outer spacings to the photo as well as spacings between photos to be merged. In addition, you can crop the photo from side, bottom, and top to cut out unwanted areas. Besides, you can make notes on your photo by drawing free-hand lines, arrows and squares on the photo. Moreover, you can watermark your photo to protect your copyright. What's more, you can hide the sensitive information in the photo by using different types of mosaics. You are also given the ability to customize the colors of frame, shape, and watermark.
Photo Stitcher is a lightweight photo merger. Powered by advanced algorithms, it makes sure of a seamless and fast merging process. Photo Stitcher doubles as a photo editor that lets you edit the photo by using abundant basic editing tools. Because of minimalist design and intuitive settings, both in experience users and professionals would find that it can be quickly mastered.
Now, let's dive into the part of how to watermark a photo with Photo Stitcher.
How to watermark a photo using Photo Stitcher
- Open Photo Stitcher. Throw your photo into the working area saying "Drag and Drop Your Photo Here". Or click on the "Add" button to import the photo into the program. To remove the imported photo, click on the "Remove" button beside the "Add" button. After the photo is imported into the program, you may find that you can't see the whole area of the photo. Go to the bottom left corner of the window. Move the zooming slider to zoom it out until the photo suits the preview panel. You can also click on "Edit"->"Fit Screen" to make the photo fit the preview panel.
- Navigate to the right-side panel. Scroll down to the "WATERMARK" section. There are two options in this section. Select the left option. Pick a color as the color of the watermark to be created on the palette. Type in a word in the "Enter Watermark Text" box. You will see a watermark at the bottom of the photo. You can drag the "Opacity" slider and the "Size" slider to adjust the opacity and the size of the watermark. If you select the right option, type in a word and lots of repeated watermarks will show up in the whole area of the photo. You can drag the spacing slider to adjust the spacings between watermarks.
- Press the "Save as" button to export the watermarked photo to a desired location. You can also click on "File"->"Save As" to save the watermarked photo into a destination folder.
It is as easy as ABC to watermark a photo with Photo Stitcher. Photo Stitcher is a piece of commercial software. You can only use it 15 times for free. A lifetime license costs 29 bucks. If you are looking for a free photo watermarking app, Make Watermark is a good choice.
#2. Make Watermark
Make Watermark is a web-based app that is specialized in adding watermarks to photos. Its toolkit includes all necessary tools to edit the watermark and make it fit into your photo perfectly. Without further ado, let' see how to use Make Watermark to watermark a photo.
How to watermark a photo using Make Watermark
- Go to the top of the homepage and press the blue "Start Make Watermark" button.
- Drag and drop your photo into the drop box. Or click on "SELECT IMAGEs"->"From My computer" to upload your photo. Click on "NEXT STEP".
- Go to the top of the webpage. Here you can choose to add a text watermark or image watermark.
- To add a text watermark, click on "ADD TEXT". Then, an editing panel pops up and you will see a text appear on the image. Edit the text in the "Text" box. Choose the desired font and color. Adjust the size and opacity of the text. Rotate the text if needed. Add an effect to the photo to get a stylish look. Move the text to a proper position. You can enable the tilling function to fill the photo with the tiled watermark. Choose a tilling style and adjust the spaces between watermarks.
- To add an image watermark, click on "ADD LOGO" to upload an image. Tweak options to edit the image watermark.
- When you are ready, press "WATERMARK IMAGEs". Choose the quality of the output image and resize the image as required. Click on "WATERMARK IMAGES" to download the watermarked photo.
Do you worry about digital theft of photographs? If so, get the most out of the two photo watermarkers mentioned above. With the help of them, you can watermark your photo in a breeze. If you have any questions about them, please let me know in the comment section below.