Are you an iPhone user and using iOS 11 or later? If so, you may have noticed that your photo taken with an iPhone is saved in HEIC format. HEIC is short for high efficiency image format. This is a new image format introduced by MPEG. It is much better than JPG and PNG. It offers better compression while keeping image quality. Although more and more people use this format, HEIC is still not widely compatible with devices. If you transfer HEIC images to your Windows computer or your friends send HEIC images to your Windows laptop, you will find that you can't open them. This is the hassle HEIC format brings to you. Then, what would you do if you encounter this situation? As a matter of fact, you can lean in favor of HEIC converter software, which is able to turn images from HEIC into JPG or PNG. There are too many HEIC converter apps on the digital market. It will take a lot of time to find reliable products. If you want to save your time doing so, please continue reading this post. In this post, I will introduce you to two easy-to-use HEIC file converters that can help you quickly obtain JPG or PNG images from HEIC files.
As the name suggests, HEICtoJPEG specializes in converting HEIC format to JPG format. This is an online app that is free to use and does not require you to register. The advantage of it is that batch processing for converting HEIC files is supported. But there is a limit to the number of files to be converted. You are only allowed to convert 5 photos at the same time. HEICtoJPG claims that it won't harm the quality during the conversion. So you can expect a JPG image with excellent quality. One thing to note is that privacy and security is not mentioned on the site. Therefore, it is not sure whether your data will be removed from the server or not. All in all, HEICtoJPEG is worth a shot if you are seeking a free online HEIC to JPG converter.
- No need to sign up for an account for using the service.
- Allow you to convert 5 HEIC images at the same time.
- Free for use.
- The image quality won't be hampered during the conversion.
Now, let's see how to use HEICtoJPEG to turn an image from HEIC into JPG.
How to turn an image from HEIC into JPG with HEICtoJPEG
- Head over to the site. Throw your HEIC image into the working space. Or click on the "Add" button, browse to the HEIC image, select it, and click on "Open".
- The uploading and converting will start automatically. When the conversion is done, you will see the blue "DOWNLOAD" button. Press the "DOWNLOAD" button to download the JPG image to your computer.
#2. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
If you are worried about data breaches and prefer an offline app, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a good choice. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a desktop app that performs the conversion offline. Therefore, you are assured that no files will be uploaded and forwarded to third parties. This application is able to convert HEIC to other formats including PNGs, JPGs, and PDFs. It has a simple interface and intuitive settings, which makes it easily mastered by less experienced users and professionals. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a lightweight app. After installing it, you will find it takes up only 18MB space. Batch converting HEIC images is supported and there is no limit to the number of HEIC images to be converted. The conversion duration is up to how many files will be converted. Generally speaking, the conversion finishes between a few seconds to several minutes. The converted files are of high quality. Vertexshare HEIC file converter does not cost you a cent since it is a piece of freeware. All in all, regardless of whether you wish to obtain a PDF, PNG, or JPG from an HEIC file, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter deserves a shot.
- The interface is simple and the settings are intuitive.
- Suitable for both novices and experts.
- Free to use.
- You are allowed to convert HEIC images in batches.
- Convert HEIC images very fast and export high-quality PNGs, JPGs, and PDFs
- No network connection is required because the app works 100% offline.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to turn an image from HEIC to JPG or PNG.
How to turn an image from HEIC to JPG or PNG with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Launch the program and you will be greeted with a clean window.
- Drop your HEIC image into the window. Or click on the "Add Heic" button to import your HEIC image.
- When the HEIC image is loaded into the program, you will see it in the task list. If you imported the wrong image, click on the "Close" button to remove it. If multiple images were imported into the program and you want to remove all of them, press the "Clear all" button on the top of the window.
- Press the "Options" button and the "Options" dialog box will appear. Click on "JPG" or "PNG" to select the desired format.
- Navigate to the bottom of the window. Click on the "Browse" button to designate the folder where you want to save the JPG or PNG. Or type in the path of the folder to save the output JPG or PNG in the "Save Path" box.
- Press "Convert" to start converting the HEIC image. When the conversion is done, a green check mark will show up.
HEIC is a great image container that encodes the image with good quality and significant size reduction. But because of its incompatibility with Windows devices, you can't view HEIC images on the Windows computer. But don't be worried. By using the two HEIC converters mentioned above, you can change the image format from HEIC to JPG or PNG. If you find other great apps to handle the task in future, please let me know in the comment section below.