HEIC is a format introduced by Apple. The advantage of HEIC format is its high compression ratio. An HEIC image is almost twice smaller than a JPEG image when their qualities are the same. Besides, in comparison with JPG, HEIC does not have edge noise. As is known to all, each coin has two sides and HEIC is no exception. This format is only supported on Apple devices. Sometimes, your friends would like to share some photos with you. They send you photos in HEIC format but these photos are recieved on your Windows computer. As a result, you can't view the HEIC files. Then, how to solve this problem? Don't be worried. Thanks to the development of file converter software, we have HEIC file converter software that can convert HEIC files to PNGs and JPGs. Nowadays, there are a large number of HEIC converter apps on the digital market. Finding a reliable app from the vast sea of products is not very easy. If you want to save your time doing so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will take you through two apps with which you can easily get PNG and JPG from HEIC format.
#1. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a professional application that aims to help you convert HEIC to JPG, PNG, and PDF. This is a lightweight app, which takes up only 18MB space. It is designed for simplicity, so it is very straightforward. You are allowed to convert files in batches. There is no limit to the number of files to be processed. The conversion duration is up to how many files will be converted. Generally speaking, the conversion can be done within a few seconds. You can expect very great quality of the converted file. No internet connection is required because this is an offline app. Therefore, no data will be uploaded and you are assured that your privacy is protected. Vertexshare HEIC file converter is completely free to use. No watermark will be left to JPGs, PNGs, and PDFs. All in all, no matter whether you want a PDF, PNG, or JPG, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is worth a shot. By leveraging it, you can quickly get the desired format from HEIC so that you can open the image on your Windows operating system.
- User-friendly interface and intuitive settings.
- Do not cost you a cent and won't leave a watermark to the converted file.
- You are allowed to convert multiple files at a time.
- No learning curves.
- You can get a high-quality PNG, JPG, and PDF from an HEIC file.
- The entire converting process is performed on your computer. This means your data won't be uploaded to others.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to transform HEIC format to PNG or JPG.
How to transform HEIC format to JPG or PNG with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Open the program and you will be welcomed with a sleek and clean window.
- Throw your HEIC file into the working space. Or click on the "Add Heic" button, browse to your file, select it, and click on "Open".
- When your file is imported to the program, it will appear in the task list. If you've imported the wrong file, press the "Close" button to remove it. To remove all imported files, go to the top of the window and press the "Clear all" button.
- Click on "Options" and the "Options" dialog box will show up. Select "JPG" or "PNG".
- Go to the "Save Path" section. Press "Browse" to specify the output location. You can also enter the output path in the box.
- Press the "Convert" button to start converting the HEIC file to JPG or PNG. Wait for a while. You will see the green check mark when the conversion is done.
#2. CopyTrans HEIC for Windows
CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is another offline solution to convert HEIC images to JPG. It is worth mentioning that this app is not only an HEIC to JPG converter but also a Windows-based HEIC file viewer. Besides, it is able to print HEIC images and insert HEIC images into Microsoft Office documents. What's more, it is able to keep the original EXIF data of your photo. Batch converting HEIC files is supported. On the whole, CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is a nice software program that makes converting HEIC to JPG extremely easy.
- Free for personal use.
- Natively view HEIC files on Windows systems.
- Allow to print HEIC files without converting them to JPGs.
- Make Microsoft Office 200 files compatible with HEIC format.
- Support batch conversion.
Now, let's see how to use CopyTrans HEIC for Windows to transform HEIC format to JPG.
How to tranform HEIC format to JPG with CopyTrans HEIC for Windows
- First, install the program.
- After installing CopyTrans HEIC for Windows, right-click on the HEIC file and select "Convert to JPEG with CopyTrans" in the drop-down menu.
- The HEIC file will be converted to a JPG image.
When a new format is introduced to users, the issue is that not all devices support it. HEIC format is one of these formats that are not compatible with Windows computers. You are a Windows user but may receive some photos in HEIC format from others who are Apple users. This is when you need some software tools to convert HEIC to PNG or JPG to view the photos. The two apps mentioned above are what you are looking for. Give them a try and you won't be disappointed.