If you are iPhone user, you must be familiar with HEIC format. It stands for High Efficiency Image File Format, which is a new image container developed by MPEG. The highlight of HEIC is that it takes up little space on the condition of keeping image quality. This format is currently only supported by App devices. If you are a windows user and have received HEIC files, the problem arises. There are no system programs to open HEIC format on the Windows operating system. How can you view the HEIC files sent from your friends or co-workers? Don't worry. Thanks to the development of file converting software, HEIC file converter software has been created to solve this problem. This type of software is able to change HEIC format to JPG and PNG. Thus, you can easily open the images on Windows computer and Android phones. There are innumerable HEIC converter apps on the digital market. It is obvious that you will spend a lot of time finding reliable apps. If you want to save your precious time doing so, please continue reading this post. In this post, I will walk you through two apps with which you can quickly get JPG or PNG format from HEIC.
#1. WALTR HEIC Converter
If you want to turn an HEIC image to JPG offline, WALTR HEIC Converter is a go-to option. This is a 100% offline app to convert HEIC to JPG and PNG. The entire conversion is performed on your computer. You can use it for free. It supports batch converting, which means you can import as many images as you want into the program and convert them to desired formats. The interface is extremely easy and intuitive, so any user can easily figure out how to use it regardless of whether he has used such an app before or not. It is worth mentioning that the EXIF details of your image stay after the conversion is done. All in all, WALTR HEIC Converter is a nice HEIC converter that transforms HEIC images to JPGs and PNGs within seconds.
- Insanely easy to use.
- Free to use.
- Batch conversion is supported.
- It is safe to use this app because of no file uploading.
- Keep the EXIF information during the conversion.
Let's take a look at how to use WALTR HEIC Converter to get a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
How to get a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image with WALTR HEIC Converter
- Open the installer and the setup wizard will take you through the installing process.
- After the program is installed, double-click on the shortcut icon to launch the program.
- Browse to the folder where your HEIC image is located. Drag and drop the HEIC image into the window.
- Go to the top of the window. As you can see, the default output format is JPEG. If you want to choose PNG, open the "Format" drop-down menu and select "PNG".
- Press the "Convert" button. A dialog box shows up and asks you to specify the folder to save the JPG or PNG image. Choose the output folder and click on "OK".
- You will see the message "Successfully converted" in the window when the conversion is done.
#2. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
With a suggestive name, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is an application that aims to convert HEIC to traditional formats that can be opened on Windows. It is not only able to convert HEIC files to JPGs and PNGs but also able to change HEIC files to PDFs. Its interface and settings are very straightforward. After Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is installed, you will find this app is only 18MB in size. Batch converting HEIC images is allowed. Therefore, you can convert multiple HEIC images at the same time. The conversion duration is up to how many files are to be processed. Generally speaking, the conversion can be done within a few seconds to several minutes. Tests indicate that this app produces JPGs, PNGs, and PDFs with very good quality. Because Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a desktop app, no internet connection is needed and your files won't be uploaded and forward to third parties. So, you are assured that no data breaches will happen. Vertexshare HEIC file converter is completely free to use and won't leave watermarks to the output files. Overall speaking, no matter whether you want to quickly get PDFs, PNGs, or JPGs from HEIC images, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is worth a shot.
- Super easy to use.
- Totally free to use and no watermarks left to converted files.
- Converting multiple files at the same time is allowed.
- Fast conversion.
- Generate high-quality output files.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to get a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
How to get a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Launch the program and you will be greeted with a sleek and clean window.
- Throw your HEIC image into the working space. You can also import your HEIC image by clicking on the "Add Heic" button.
- When the HEIC image is loaded in the program, it will appear in the task list. If you imported the wrong file, remove it by clicking on the "Close" button. If you imported multiple files and want to remove all of them, press the "Clear All" button.
- Press the "Options" button to open the "Options" dialog. Select "JPG" or "PNG" as the format you want to get.
- Go to the "Save Path" section. Click on the "Browse" button to designate the saving location. You can also type in the location in the box.
- Press the "Convert" button to start the conversion. The conversion will be finished very soon. You will see the green check mark which indicates the conversion is finished.
HEIC is a format that is used on iOS devices. If you want to open HEIC images on your Windows-based computer, you need to convert them to JPGs or PNGs. The two HEIC converters mentioned previously can handle this task. With the aid of them, you can get JPG and PNG format from HEIC without any hassle.