How to merge images to get a stitched image in an easy way
Posted On July 8, 2021
Stitching images is something you often do in your daily life. You want to put some photos side by side to make a collage, which evokes memories of travels in different countries, a classmate reunion, a weekend art activity, or a business trip. Your co-worker sends you a series of images about the features of a mobile app. You have to stitch them together in order to create a nice poster for the app. You want to obtain a screenshot of a long and scrolling area. You need to capture different parts of it and combine these parts into one image. There are a large number of image stitching apps on the market. But many of them have steep learning curves and are difficult to use. If you are looking for a beginner-friendly app to get the job done, please continue reading this post. In this post, I will introduce you to a professional image stitcher with which you can merge images without any hassle.
Photo Stitcher is one of the photo processing software products released by Vertexshare. It is designed to help you get a perfect collage. Besides, it is able to blend multiple photos to form a panorama photo. Coming packed with a series of editing tools, it allows you to further retouch the panoramic photo or the collaged photo.
Launch Photo Editor and you will be greeted by a simple and clean window. This window consists of two panels. One is a preview panel. In this panel, you can zoom and pan the merged image, change its height or width and edit it. The other one is the editing panel, which is on the right side of the window. An array of editing utilities for you to choose is located in this panel. You can decide the direction in which you place images. Besides, you can add borders between the images to be merged and outer borders to the merged image. In addition, you can crop the images to remove the unwanted parts and get the section you want. What's more, you can draw free-hand shapes, squares, and arrows on the merged image to add annotations. Moreover, if you need to make your merged image public and protect your copyright, you can add a watermark to the bottom of the merged image or full-page watermarks to the entire merged image. Furthermore, you can mosaic a particular area in the merged image to cover the sensitive information. It is also worth mentioning that you can customize the colors of watermark, shape, and spacing by picking colors on the palettes.
Photo Stitcher is a perfect tool for collaging images together. Powered by advanced stitching algorithms, it ensures a super fast and seamless stitching process. The app sports a minimalistic layout and intuitive interface, which makes it be easily handled by both newbies and someone with plenty of experience. No matter whether you want to create a wonderful panorama or make a photo collage, Photo Stitcher is worth a try.
Now, let's dive into the part of how to use Photo Stitcher to merge images to get a stitched image.
How to merge images to get a stitched image with Photo Stitcher
- Fire up Photo Stitcher. Navigate to the "PICK DIRECTION" section in the right-side panel. Choose "HORIZONTAL" or "VERTICAL" as the horizontal direction or vertical direction in which you will position your imported images.
- Throw your images into the drop box. Or click on "File"->"Add Photo" to add your images into the program. You can also import the images by clicking on the "Add" button. To remove the imported image, click on the "Remove" button next to the "Add" button.
- When high-resolution images are loaded into the program, they will look too large and do not fit the preview panel. In this case, you can click on "Edit"->"Fit Screen" to make them fit the preview panel.
- Maybe the order of the imported images is not right. Press the "Edit images" button beside the "Remove" button to open the "Edit images" panel. In this panel, you can drag and drop images to adjust their sequence.
- You may want to add frames to the stitched image to make it stand out. Go to the "STITCHING" section and select the right option. Pick a color on the palette as the color of the frames. Drag the "Outer" slider to adjust the width of the outer frame of the stitched image. Drag the "Inner" slider to adjust the width of the frame between two adjacent images.
- You can resize the stitched image before starting the conversion. Go to the bottom of the preview panel. If you merge images vertically, you can change the width. If you merge images horizontally, you can change the height. Type in a desired value in the box. When you are ready, press the "Save as" button to save the stitched image into a destination folder.
An alternative to Photo Stitcher
Photo Stitcher does a great job of merging images. But it is not a piece of freeware. It offers a 15-times free trial and charges $29. If you wish to use a free app, Photo Joiner is a good choice. Photo Joiner is a nice free online tool that helps you join images together to create a beautiful collage. The highlight of this web-based app is that it provides different collage templates from which you can find the desired layout. Let's see how to use Photo Joiner to stitch images into a collage in the following part.
How to stitch images into a collage with Photo Joiner
- Press the "Create Collage" button in the homepage and you will be taken to a new webpage.
- Go to the left pane. Select a collage layout. In the "SIZE SETTINGS", choose an image size or enter values to set the size of the stitched image. Click on "APPLY".
- "Open"->"Computer" to upload your images.
- When your photos are uploaded to the server, they will be displayed in the right pane.
- Add each image into the preview area by drag-and-drop. Click on the image and hold the mouse button. Drag the image to adjust the visible area.
- Move the "Border Size" slide to adjust the size of the borders and type in the hex color code to set the color of the borders.
- Press "Save". Wait for a while. Click on "DOWNLOAD PHOTO" to download the stitched image.
Photo Stitcher and Photo Joiner are two handy tools to merge images. Do you want to make a collage from photos to share a whole story or create a social media cover? If so, give them a shot and you won't be let down. Tell me which one you prefer by leaving a comment below.