There is always the need to retouch digital images. No matter whether you publish a blog post on your site or a stream on a forum, you may need to add images to the post. Sometimes, the image you want to use is not big enough. So, you have to resize it to make it larger to fit. But the thing is that the image quality will be lost when the image size is increased. Most of our images are JPGs and PNGs. Both JPG and PNG belong to bitmap format. This format consists of innumerable pixels, which are squares. Making the image larger will also make the pixels bigger. This results in more visible pixels and a blurry image. Is there any method to make the image larger without influencing its quality? The answer is yes. Due to the development of the AI image upscaling technology, we have AI image upscaler software to help you out. This kind of software is able to increase the size of your image while not making the pixels larger. There are countless AI image upscaler apps on the digital market. It is hard to pick out reliable ones from them. To save your time doing so, I will walk you through two apps with which you can easily get the enlarged image without quality loss.
Bigjpg is a web-based application that is capable of enlarging not only JPGs but also PNGs. This app allows you to enlarge the image by 200%, 400%, 800%, and 1600%. If you want to use the 8x or 16x enlargement, you have to upgrade your account to a paying user. Batch enlarging the images are allowed. So you can process many images at the same time. The highlight of this app is that it lets you customize the strength of noise reduction. There are four levels for you to choose. You are also given the option to choose not to reduce the noise. As for the limits on the image to be uploaded, a free user can upload an image with a dimension up to 3000px*3000px and a size up to 5M. For a paying user, the max image size is 50M. With regards to the enlarging duration, the time is based on the image size and the multiple of enlarging. Although there is the "Log in" option, you can choose not to log in for using the service. I would like to mention that the benefit of being logged in is that you don't have to keep the browser open after the enlarging is started. As to privacy and security, all uploaded images and enlarged images will be automatically removed after 15 days and the image links are encrypted. On the whole, Bigjpg is a nice AI image enlarger that generates an excellent enlarging effect by using the latest deep convolutional neural network.
- Supports batch enlarging images.
- Free to use.
- Keeps colors, details and edges during the enlarging process.
- Lets you adjust the noise reduction level.
- You are allowed to enlarge the image by 800% and 1600% as long as your free account is upgraded to the paying account.
- The uploaded images and enlarged images will be stored for 15 days.
Now, let's see how to use Bigjpg to make the image larger without influencing its quality.
How to make the image larger without losing its quality with Bigjpg
- Drag and drop your image into the drop box. Or press the green "Select Images" button to select your image.
- You will see the thumbnail of your image in the task list. If you added the wrong image to the task list, click on the red "Delete" button to remove it.
- Click on the blue "Start" button and the "Configuration" dialog box will be opened. There are two image type options, "Artwork" and "Photo". If your image is an anime image or an illustration image, choose "Art Work". Select the upscaling multiple you want and set the noise reduction level you need. Click on the "OK" button.
- The enlarging process will start automatically. You will see how much the estimated time remains before the conversion is done.
- When the conversion is done, click on the "Download" button to download the enlarged image to your computer.
#2. Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI
Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI is another online app to enlarge your image. No matter whether your image is a figure photo, animal picture, or landscape photograph, it does a great job of upscaling the image. You can upscale your image by 200% and 400%. Please note that this app does not support batch converting files and it has limits to the size and the dimension of the image to be uploaded. The size of the image to be uploaded should not be bigger than 5MB. The dimension of the image to be uploaded can't be larger than 1200px*1200px. Vertexshare Image Upscaler by Ai is completely free to use and you do not have to create an account to use its service. Your image is sharpened and denoised during the conversion. The uploaded image and converted image will be automatically deleted every day. All in all, if you are looking for an app to quickly upscale your image and preserve its quality, Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI is a great choice.
- Free to use.
- Does not store uploaded images and upscaled images.
- Does not support batch processing images.
- The allowed max image size and the max image dimension are little small.
Now, let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI to make the image larger without influencing its quality.
How to make the image larger without losing its quality with Vertexshare Image Upscaler by AI
- Drag and drop your image into the drop box. Or press the "Upload" icon to select and open the image.
- The default setting for enlarging multiple is 2x. If you want to enlarge the image by 400%, click on "2x" to open the menu and select "4x".
- Press the red "Start" button to start the upscaling process. When the upscaling process is done, right-click on the red "Download" button and select "Save link as" to save the upscaled image to your computer.
Resizing your image to make it larger will result in the pixelated and blurry image. This is when you need to use the two apps mentioned above to enlarge your image and keep its quality. If you find other apps to handle the task in future, please share them with me by leaving your comment below.