HEIC is a format that was introduced when iOS 11 was released. It is used for saving photos taken by iPhones. It is a very great image container that reduces file size and keeps image quality. There are also some other benefits of HEIC format. It can store multiple images in one file, support transparency and 16-bit color, and store image edits like cropping and rotating that can be undone. The only problem with HEIC is its incompatibility. HEIC images can't be opened on Windows laptop or android phones. If you get some images in HEIC format from others on your Windows devices, there are no software programs you can use to view them. When you come across this situation, you need to take advantage of HEIC Converter software to convert HEIC images to the traditional image format, JPG or PNG. If you search online, you will find that there are countless HEIC converter products. You are definitely not sure which HEIC converter apps are reliable. Picking out proper apps will take a lot of time. If you want to save your time doing so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will show you two good apps that can help you make a JPG or PNG from HEIC format.
#1. Aiseesoft HEIC Converter
Aiseesoft HEIC Converter is a professional software program to solve the HEIC compatibility issue. It comes with two versions: Windows and Mac. It is able to help you get the JPG or PNG format from HEIC images. Like a lot of desktop HEIC converters, Aiseesoft HEIC converter allows you to convert HEIC images in batch. There is no limit to the number of HEIC images you want to convert. A nifty feature of this app is that it enables you to set the quality of the output image before converting HEIC images. With regards to the conversion speed, you can expect an insanely fast conversion process. On the whole, Aiseesoft HEIC converter is a free-to-use application that lets you convert an unlimited number of HEIC images to JPG or PNG.
- It is a piece of freeware.
- It is very easy to use.
- You can get not only PNG but also JPG from HEIC format.
- Come with the batch mode.
- Fast conversion process.
- Offer both Windows version and Mac version.
Now, let's see how to use Aiseesoft HEIC converter to make a JPG or PNG from HEIC format.
How to make a JPG or PNG from HEIC format with Aiseesoft HEIC Converter
- Download and install Aiseesoft HEIC Converter.
- Launch the program and you will be greeted with a clean window.
- Click on the "Add HEIC" button to import your HEIC image. Or directly drag and drop your HEIC file into the window.
- After your HEIC image is loaded into the program, it will be listed in the window.
- Go to the right-hand "Convert Settings" panel. Open the "Format" drop-down menu and choose JPG or PNG as the format of the output image. Enter a specific number in the "Quality" box to specify the quality of the output image. If you want to keep the Exif data during the conversion, check the "Keep Exif Data" box. Enter the path of the folder to save the output image in the "Output Path" box.
- When you are ready, press the "Convert" button to start the conversion. When the conversion process is done, click on the "Open folder" button and you will see the JPG or PNG image.
#2. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is another desktop application that is made for converting HEIC format to other formats. This lightweight app is only 18MB after it is installed on the computer. You can use it to convert HEIC images to PNGs, JPGs, and PDFs. Because the app aims for simplicity, it comes with a straightforward interface and intuitive settings, ensuring that it can be quickly mastered by both rookies and professionals. You are allowed to convert many files at the same time. The robust engine makes sure of speedy conversion that completes within a few seconds to several minutes. Because Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is an offline app, your HEIC images won't be uploaded to cloud servers during the conversion. So don't worry about the risk of privacy leaks. Overall speaking, regardless of whether you want to obtain a JPG, PNG or PDF, from an HEIC image, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is what you are looking for.
- Free to use.
- No learning curves.
- Support processing multiple HEIC images simultaneously.
- Guarantee quick conversion and high-quality output JPGs or PNGs.
- No data breaches will happen since the conversion is performed offline.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to make a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
How to make a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Throw your HEIC image into the working space. Or click on the "Add Heic" button to import your HEIC image.
- When the HEIC image is imported into the program, you will see it in the task list.
- Press the "Options" button to open the "Options" dialog box. Click on "JPG" or "PNG" to choose the image format you want to convert HEIC to.
- Go to the bottom of the window. Click on the "Browse" button to designate the folder where you want to save the JPG or PNG. Or type in the path of the destination folder in the "Save Path" box.
- Press "Convert" to begin converting the HEIC image.
HEIC is a nice format to store images in much smaller sizes without sacrificing quality. But it can't be viewed on Windows and Android platforms. Fortunately, we have HEIC converter software to convert HEIC to JPG or PNG. The two apps mentioned in this article are such pieces of software. Get the most out of them to easily get PNGs or JPGs from HEIC images.