You have some film photos. They are in black and white. You may have scanned these photos into digital photos so that you can see the photos on computer or mobile phone. Sometimes, you want to see what the objects in these photos look like in full color. Or you want to get the colored versions of these photos and make the colored photos public. Therefore, you need to colorize your black and white photos. Many years earlier, it was very hard to make black and white photos colorized because doing this work requires special knowledge. Only a small number of people were able to colorize black and white photos at that time. Thanks to AI photo colorizing technology, things have changed. Colorizing photos has been much easier than before for everyone. Even though you don't have much experience in photo editing, you can easily add colors to your photo as long as using an AI photo colorizing app. There are plenty of photo colorizing software products on the market. It will take a lot of time to find a reliable product. If you want to you’re your time, please continue reading this article. I will introduce you to two great apps that can help you get colored photos from your black and white photos.
#1. PixBim Color Surprise AI
PixBim Color Surprise AI is a fantastic desktop AI photo coloring application. Based on advanced algorithms, it smartly transforms photos in black and white into colored ones. Trained on millions of photos, it detects both living and non-living objects and adds natural colors to them. The app is insanely easy to use and takes a few seconds to complete the colorization. PixBim Color Surprise AI offers a free trial and costs $39.99 for a lifetime license. All in all, PixBim Color Surprise AI is a nice photo colorizing software program for bringing real-like colors to your black and white photos. It can be easily mastered by both novices and professionals.
- It is easy to use.
- Colorize photos automatically.
- Restore realistic colors of black and white photos.
- No image uploading and storing. This avoids privacy issues.
- No limits to the image size and the image dimension.
Let's see how to take advantage of PixBim Color Surprise AI to get a colored photo from a black and white photo.
How to get a colored photo from a black and white photo with PixBim Color Surprise AI
- Launch the program. Click on "File"->"Open" to import your photo. Or click on the "Load image" button to load your image into the program.
- The program will generate a preview and show the original photo and the changed photo side by side. Go to the "Color Factor" section. Here you can set the quality of the output image. If you choose "Low", the program will generate a preview for a low-quality colored image. If you choose "High", the program will generate a preview for a high-quality colored image".
- Press the "Start Process Full Image and Save" button. The colored photo will be produced and saved to your computer.
#2. Picture Colorizer
As the name implies, Picture Colorizer is an online app that aims to make colored photos from black and white photos. It analyzes black and white photos and brings real-life colors into them. It is impressive that Picture Colorizer finishes the colorizing conversion within a few seconds. You can upload multiple images at the same time and convert them in a batch. Please note that there are limits to the size and the dimension of the image to be uploaded. The image upload size should be no more than 5MB and the image dimension should be not larger than 3000px*3000px. If the dimension and size exceed the limits, the image can't be uploaded to the server. You don't have to sign up for an account to utilize the service of Picture Colorizer. In consideration of privacy and security, Picture Colorizer removes all images from its server every day. Data leakage absolutely won't happen. Overall speaking, no matter whether you want to colorize classic film screenshots, portrait photos, animal pictures or scenery photographs, Picture Colorizer is worth a shot.
- Totally free to use.
- Colorize photos automatically.
- Super fast conversion
- Add colors to photos accurately.
- No requirement for creating an account.
- Batch processing is supported.
- The size of the image you want to upload can't exceed 5MB.
- The dimension of the image you want to upload can't exceed 5MB.
- The supported image formats are only PNG and JPG.
Let's see how to leverage Picture Colorizer to get a colored photo from a black and white photo.
How to get a colored photo from a black and white photo with Picture Colorizer
- Drag and drop your photo into the working space. Or press the "Upload" icon, browse to your photo, choose it, and click on "Open".
- The photo thumbnail will appear in the task. Press the "Start" button to start uploading and converting the photo.
- When the conversion is done, you will see a red "Download" button.
- Right-click on the red download button. Choose "Save link as" to save the colorized photo into a destination folder.
Every family has black and white digitized photos. Colorizing these black and white photos to bring them life needs to lean in favor of AI photo colorizers. The two apps mentioned above are such software tools. Get the most out of them if you want to obtain colored photos from the black and white photos. If you find other great apps in future, please let me know by leaving your comment below.