Do you know HEIC format? As the abbreviation of High Efficiency Image File Format, HEIC is an image container developed by MPEG and used on iOS systems. In comparison with traditional image formats like JPG and PNG, HEIC takes much less space when the image quality is lossless. When a new format is introduced to users, the compatibility issue always comes up. Currently, HEIC format is only supported by App devices. As a windows user, you may have received some HEIC files from your friends or colleagues. You can't view the HEIC files sent by others since there are no system programs to open HEIC format on the Windows system. Don't be worried. As a matter of fact, due to the development of file converting software, HEIC file converter software has been developed to iron out this issue. This kind of software is capable of converting HEIC format to JPG and PNG so that you can open the images on your Windows computer and Android phone. There are numerous HEIC converter products on the digital market. If you want to find reliable apps, you definitely will spend a lot of time. I guess you want to save your time doing so. If so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will take you through two apps you can use to obtain a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
#1. iMazing HEIC Converter
iMazing HEIC Converter is a tiny desktop application that lets you change HEIC to JPG and PNG. It is designed for both Windows and Mac and completely free for use. The entire conversion is executed on your computer since this app works 100% offline. Batch conversion is allowed. You can import folders containing HEIC images to the program and convert them at the same time. The highlight of this app is that it enables you to customize the quality of the output image and remove the EXIF data. IMazing HEIC Converter sports a simple and straightforward interface, which makes the app easily mastered by all types of users. In a word, if you are looking for an easy-to-use app to convert HEIC to JPG and PNG, iMazing HEIC Converter is a great choice.
- Not only convert HEIC to JPG but also convert HEIC to PNG.
- No learning curves.
- Give you the choice to preserve EXIF data or not.
- 100% free.
- Allow you to specify the quality of the output image.
Now, let's see how to use iMazing HEIC Converter to obtain a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
How to obtain a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image with iMazing HEIC Converter
- Download the installer and install iMazing HEIC Converter.
- Launch the program and you will be greeted with a splash window.
- Drop your HEIC image into the window.
- Go to the bottom of the window. If you want to keep "EXIF" data, check the "Keep EXIF data" box. The default setting for the output image format is JPG. If you want to get PNG from HEIC, click on JPG to open the "Format" menu and choose "PNG". Move the "Quality" slider to set the desired quality for the output image.
- Press the "Convert" button. You will be asked to choose the folder to save the JPG or PNG. Go to the destination folder and click on "Choose".
- The conversion begins and it will be done after a few seconds.
#2. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a desktop application that is specialized in converting HEIC to the formats that are supported by Windows systems. The converted formats include JPG, PNG, and PDF. This piece of software is very small. You will find it takes up only 18MB space after installing it. You are allowed to import multiple HEIC images into the program and convert them in batches. Depending on the number of processed files, the conversion duration is between a few seconds to several minutes. Tests show that the output files have very good quality. Vertexshare HEIC file converter is a piece of truly freeware, which won't leave watermarks to the output files. This HEIC file converter is an offline app. So, internet connection is not needed for converting files and all files won't be uploaded during the conversion. Therefore, you don't have to worry about data breaches. Overall speaking, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a wonderful HEIC converter app with a user-friendly interface and intuitive settings. It is suitable for both rookies and professionals.
- Very easy to use.
- Completely free to use.
- You are allowed to convert multiple files at a time.
- You can expect a fast conversion.
- High-quality converted files.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to obtain a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
How to obtain a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Open Vertexshare HEIC File Converter and you will be welcomed by a sleek and clean window.
- Throw your HEIC image into the working space. You can also click on "Add Heic" to import your HEIC image into the program.
- The HEIC image will show up in the task list when it is loaded in the program. If you imported the wrong file, remove it from the task list by clicking on the "Close" button.
- Press the "Options" button and the "Options" dialog box will pop up. Choose "JPG" or "PNG" according to your needs.
- Go to the "Save Path" section. Click on the "Browse" button to designate the saving folder. You can also type in the path of the saving folder in the box.
- Press the "Convert" button to start converting the HEIC image. When the conversion is done, you will see the green check mark.
HEIC format is becoming more and more popular. It uses complex compression methods and makes the size of image very small. This is the advantage of this format. Its disadvantage is that Windows systems do not support this format. This is when you need to use HEIC converters to convert HEIC images to PNGs or JPGS. The two apps mentioned above are such software tools. Give them a try and you won't be let down.