How to easily create a panorama
You come across a gorgeous landscape when you are traveling. It cries out to be photographed as a panoramic picture since a panorama is far more impressive than individual photos. But the thing is that your camera's lens is not wide enough to capture the stunning view. Then, how to deal with this situation? Thanks to the development of photo software, we have photo stitching software to handle the task. You can shoot photos of different parts of the scene and use such software to merge these photos together to create the final panoramic photo. Although the internet is flooded with apps to help you stitching photos to make a panorama, many of them have steep learning curves and are difficult to use. If you are looking for an easy-to-use photo stitcher to help you get the job done, please continue reading this post. In this post, I will walk you through two apps to you. With the help of them, you can easily stitch photos to get the stunning panorama you want.
#1. Photo Stitcher by Vertexshare
As the name suggests, Photo Stitcher is a software tool that is specialized in stitching multiple photos into one photo. The app provides several editing utilities with which you can further retouch the stitched photo.
After Photo Stitcher is launched, you will be greeted with a sleek and clean window. The biggest area of the window is the preview panel. In this panel, you can zoom in and out the stitched photo, change its height or width, and edit it. A set of tools for editing photos are located in the right-side panel. The direction allows you to choose horizontal aligning or vertical aligning for the imported photos. The spacing lets you add borders between the photos to be stitched as well as outer borders to the final stitched photo. The cropping enables you to cut out the unwanted areas to get the areas you want. In addition, you can draw free-hand lines, squares and arrows over your photos. What's more, you can use different kinds of mosaics to hide the sensitive parts of the photos. Moreover, it is possible to protect your work by watermarking the stitched photo. You have two choices. Add a watermark to the bottom of the stitched photo. Or add full-page watermarks to the entire stitched photo. Besides, there are palettes to adjust the colors of the border, watermark, and shape.
Photo Stitcher is a piece of reliable and user-friendly photo editor that stitches photos perfectly. Bundled with extensive editing options, it lets you touch up the stitched photo in many aspects. Its robust engine makes sure the stitching process can be done within seconds to minutes. The fresh and modern interface is very easy to navigate. In a word, irrespective of whether you want to combine images into a collage or fuse photos into a panorama, Photo Stitcher is absolutely worth a try.
Now, let's dive into the part of how to use Photo Stitcher to create a panorama.
How to create a panorama with Photo Stitcher
- A panorama is a large field of view where the lighting conditions can be different. It is necessary to ensure all photos shot have the same exposure value. So set your camera to manual mode. When shooting the photos, overlap the two consecutive photos by at least 20%. If the overlapping areas of the photos are not enough, the panorama will not be detected or the stitching quality will be bad.
- Launch Photo Stitcher. Go to the right-side panel. Choose "VERTICAL" or "HORIZONTAL" as the direction in which you place the photos.
- Throw your photos into the drop box. Or click on "File"->"Add photo" to add your photos. You can also import photos by clicking on the "Add" button. If the wrong file is imported into the program, click on the "Remove" button next to the "Add" button to remove it.
- If the dimensions of the imported photos are very large, the photos will not fit the preview panel. To make them fit the preview panel, click on "Edit"->"Fit Screen".
- Perhaps you want to add borders to the stitched photo to spice up the panorama photo. Go to the "SPACING" section in the right-side panel. Select the middle option. Pick one color for the borders on the palette. Pull the "Outer" slider to increase the thickness of the borders as needed.
- Press the "Save as" button to export the stitched photo to a desired location. Or click on "File"->"Save As" to save the stitched photo in a destination folder.
Photo Stitcher does a great job of creating a panorama. But it is not a piece of freeware. You can only use it 15 times for free. If you want a free app, Fotor is what you should go for. Fotor is a wonderful online panorama maker and free for use. It allows you to merge as many photos as you want to create a vertical or horizontal panorama. To stitch photos with Fotor, you have to register a free account. Without further ado, let's see how to use Fotor to create a panorama in the part below.
How to create a panorama with Fotor
- Sign in with your account. Go to the homepage. Hover your mouse cursor over the "Feature" menu. Go to "Photo Collage" and choose "Photo Stitching". Press the "Get Started" blue button.
- Choose the direction you want to align the photos. Drag and drop your photos into the box "DRAG PHOTO HERE".
- After the photos are uploaded to Fotor, click on each one in the left-side "CLOUD" panel to add them to the preview panel. Drag and drop the photos to rearrange the order if needed.
- Close the "CLOUD" panel. Fotor will add spacing between the photos by default. Generally speaking, we don't want inner spacings in our panorama. So move the "Spacing" slider to the left to set the value to 0. "
- Press the "Save" button on the top of the webpage. Choose the format and quality of the output image. Hit the "Download" button to download the image.
You are facing a scenery that is overwhelmingly beautiful. But you can't capture its panorama with just one shot. This is when photo stitching apps come in. With the aid of two apps mentioned above, you can quickly merge several shots into a panorama. If someday you find other good apps to do the work, please let me know in the comment section below.