As we all know, when a new file format is brought to us, an issue that might happen is that there are no software programs to open it on your computer. HEIC is no exception. HEIC is a format that was introduced by Apple in 2017. It provides good image quality but is much smaller than traditional image formats, JPG and PNG. This format can only be opened on Apple devices. There are no programs that support this format on Windows. Then, how to view HEIC images on your Windows computer? Don't be worried. The developer communities of many companies have created HEIC converter software to iron out this issue. Such software is able to convert HEIC format to other commonly used file formats. Thus, you can open the converted files on any computer or smartphone. There are plenty of HEIC converter apps on the market. It takes a lot of time to find reliable apps. If you want to save your time doing so, please continue reading this post. In this post, I will introduce you to two apps with which you can easily get the formats you want from HEIC files.
#1. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a lightweight application that helps you get JPG and PNG, and PDF from HEIC. The size of it is no more than 20MB. It is intuitive and does not have learning curves. Batch processing is supported. The app is able to convert thousands of HEIC files with one button click. The conversion duration depends on the number of files to be converted. Normally speaking, the conversion only takes a few seconds. The quality of the converted files is very great. Because this app is offline, no internet connection is needed. So, you are assured that no data will be uploaded and your privacy is protected. Vertexshare HEIC file converter is 100% free to use and there are no limitations for using it. All in all, whether you need a PDF, PNG, or JPG, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is the tool to have close by. By harnessing it, you can quickly obtain the format from HEIC that can be viewed on your Windows operating system.
- Simple interface and intuitive settings.
- Totally free to use. No watermark left on the converted file.
- You can convert multiple files at the same time.
- Do not require any special knowledge.
- The quality of the PNG, JPG, and PDF is excellent.
- No internet connection required since this is a desktop app.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to convert HEIC to other formats.
How to convert HEIC to other formats using Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Launch the program and you will be greeted with a sleek and clean window.
- Drag and drop your HEIC file into the white space. Or click on the "Add Heic" button, browse to your file, select it, and click on "Open".
- When your file is loaded into the program, it will show up in the task list. If you have imported the wrong file, click on the "Close" icon to remove it. If you want to remove all imported files, press the "Clear ALL" button.
- Click on "Options" to open the "Options" dialog box. Choose the format you want to convert the HEIC file to.
- Go to the bottom of the window. Click on "Browse" to specify the destination folder. You can also enter the path of the destination folder in the "Save Path" box.
- Press the "Convert" button to start converting the HEIC file. Wait for a while. You will see the green check mark indicating the conversion is done.
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter does a great job of converting HEIC files. If you don’t want to install anything to your computer and prefer an online app, give iMobie HEIC Converter a shot.
#2. iMobie HEIC Converter
iMobie HEIC Converter is a very nice HEIC file converter that does not require you to install. It is able to convert HEIC format to PNG, JPG, JPEG, and GIF. You are allowed to customize the output image quality. Batch converting HEIC files is doable. The service is completely free. It is worth mentioning that iMobie HEIC Converter gives you the choice to keep the EXIF data, which records some information of your photo, like date, time, location, white balance, and ISO speed. The conversion can be done within a few seconds. All in all, iMobie HEIC Converter is worth a shot if you want to quickly get a common image format from HEIC.
- Easy to use.
- Allow you to specify the quality of the output image.
- Allow you to choose to keep EXIF data or not.
- Offer a free service.
- Support batch conversion.
Let's see how to use iMobie HEIC Converter to convert HEIC to other formats in the following part.
How to convert HEIC to other formats using iMobie HEIC Converter
- Go to the top right corner of the working space. Choose the format and quality for the output image.
- Drag and drop your HEIC file into the drop box. Or click on "Click to Select" button to select and open your HEIC file.
- Your file will be uploaded to the sever and converted to the specified format. When the conversion is done, press the download button to save the output image to your hard drive.
Maybe your friends sent you some HEIC files. You received the files on your Windows computer or Android phone. As a result, you can't open these HEIC files on your device. This is when the two apps mentioned above come in. With the aid of them, you can easily get the format you can open from HEIC format.