There is no doubt that every photographer wants the colors of the photographs to look as realistic as possible. In the old days, owing to the black and white photography, what photographers got were photos in black and white. I believe each one more or less has some old black and white photos. You may want to get a feel of what the past was really like. Or you may want to get colorized versions of these photos that look more eye-catching and bring you more social shares. This is when you need to convert your old black and white photos into colored photos. We all know that it was very difficult to colorize photos years ago because creating fine colorized photos required special knowledge. At that time, only a small portion of people were capable of completing this work. But things are different now. With the emergence of AI photo colorizing technologies, colorizing black and white photos is as easy as ABC. Even though you are inexperienced in photo editing, you can fast make black and white photos colorized by using AI photo colorizers. There are innumerable photo colorizing products on the market. Finding reliable products from them will take much time. To save your time doing so, I will introduce your to two great apps to help you colorize black and white photos in this article.
Playback.fm is a very nice online AI photo colorizing app. It is free to use. The app processes the colorization in a quick manner. The colorization can be done within a few seconds. There are no limits to the size and dimension of the image to be uploaded. No need to sign up. The only draw back is that you can only upload one image and convert it each time. Based on the neural network and a model which has been trained with lots of photos, Playback.fm fills your black and white photos with real-life colors. You are allowed to make a comparison between the original photo and the colorized photo. On the whole, Playback.fm outperforms other photo colorizers due to its simplicity and limitless feature. Give it a shot and you won’t be let down.
- Colorize black and white photos for free.
- Simple to use.
- Fast colorization.
- Let you preview the colorized photo.
- No limit to the image size and the image dimension
- No need to register an account.
- Batch processing is not supported
Let's see how to use Playback.fm to convert a black and white photo into a colored photo.
How to convert a black and white photo into a colored photo using Playback.fm
- Press the big blue "Upload Photo" button to upload your photo.
- The photo will be uploaded to the server and converted to the colored photo
- When the colorizing conversion is done, you will see the preview area at the top of the webpage.
- Drag the slide to compare the original photo and the colorized version.
- If you are satisfied with the result, right-click on the "Download Color Photo button" and choose "Save link as" to save the colorized photo to the destination folder.
#2. Picture Colorizer
Picture Colorizer is another online app that aims to add colors to black and white photos automatically. Based on the advanced AI techniques in deep learning, it restores realistic colors of the old black and white photos accurately. You can upload multiple photos and convert them simultaneously. The conversion is very fast and finishes within a few seconds. Please note there are limits to the size and the dimension of each image to be uploaded. The image size can not exceed 5MB and the image dimension should not be bigger than 3000px*3000px. If the dimension or the size is beyond the limit, you can't upload the image to the server. There is no need to register an account for using Picture Colorizer. The service is totally for free. You don't have to worry about data breaches since Picture Colorizer does not store your images. All your images will be removed from the server every day.
On the whole, regardless of whether you want to colorize portrait photos, landscape photographs, classic film screenshots, or animal pictures, Picture Colorizer deserves a shot.
- Colorize photos automatically.
- Make sure of accurate colorized results.
- No learning curves.
- Support batching colorizing photos.
- No requirement for creating an account.
- The dimension of the image to be uploaded is no more than 3000px*3000px.
- The size of the image to be uploaded is no more than 5MB.
- Only PNG and JPG formats are allowed to be uploaded.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Picture Colorizer to convert a black and white photo into a colored photo.
How to convert a black and white photo into a colored photo with Picture Colorizer
- Drag and drop your photo into the drop box. You can also press the "Upload" button to add your photo to the task.
- After your photo shows up on the webpage, press the "Start" button to start uploading and converting the photo.
- The conversion will be completed very soon. When the conversion is completed, you will see a red "Download" button.
- Right-click on the red "Download" button and choose "Save link as" to save the colorized photo to the designated location.
Black and white photos are a special type of photos. You may want to bring your old black and white photos back to life. By harnessing the two apps mentioned above, you can easily make colorized photos from your black and white photos. If someday you find other good apps to help you get the job done, please let me know in the comment section below.