How to collage images together with minimal effort
Posted On June 28, 2021
It is very common that we need to collage images together. You traveled different countries and shot fascinating natural sceneries. Stitching the photos together in one image will be very impressive and bring you much social shares. You have a social media page that lacks a cover. Putting several images side by side as the cover perfectly shows the theme of your page. Your company has developed a mobile app. You are in charge of product marketing and want to make a poster for the app. You need to make some pictures to introduce the features of the app and combine them into a collage. Sometimes, you can’t include the area you want to capture in one screenshot since the area is vertically very long. You can only take screenshots of different parts of it and it is essential to stitch these screenshots together. To make a collage with multiple images, you need to take advantage of image stitching software. Although the internet is flooded with such software, not all of them are beginner-friendly. That is why I'd like to introduce you to an app you can use to stitch images with little effort.
Photo Stitcher by Vertexshare
As the name implies, Photo Stitcher is a lightweight image merger with which you can blend photos into a panorama or create a collage with pictures. It provides some editing utilities for further retouching the collaged image.
Open Photo Stitcher and you'll be welcomed by a sleek and clean window. This window is divided into two panels. Most of the window is taken up by a preview panel. In the preview panel, you can zoom and pan the stitched image, resize it by modifying its height or width, and edit it. On the right side of the window, there is an editing panel. A series of tools for you to edit the image are located in this panel. The direction allows you to choose to align the imported images vertically or horizontally. The spacing lets you add spacings between the adjacent images as well as outer spacings to the stitched image. The cropping enables you to remove the unwanted areas from the stitched image and get the section you want. The shape drawing gives you the ability to draw free-hand shapes, arrows and squares over the images. If there are sensitive parts in the images, you can hide it using different types of mosaics. If you want to make the stitched image public and protect it, you can add a watermark to the bottom of it or full-page watermarks to the entire image. It is worth mentioning that you are allowed to pick colors on palettes to adjust the colors of the watermark, spacing and shape.
All in all, Photo Stitcher is a professional image stitcher. With the help of it, you can easily stitch images together and touch up it. With a robust engine, it performs a fast image stitching process. Its minimalist layout and intuitive settings ensure it can be quickly mastered by both novices and experts. Irrespective of whether you want to seamlessly combine screenshots or put different photos into a collage, Photo Stitcher deserves a shot.
Now, let's dive into the part of how to use Photo Stitcher to collage images together.
How to collage images together with Photo Stitcher
- Launch the Photo Stitcher. Go to the "PICK DIRECTION" section in the right-side panel. Select "HORIZONTAL" or "VERTICAL" as the horizontal direction or vertical direction in which you will stitch the images
- Throw your images into the drop box saying "Drag and Drop Your Photo Here". Or click on "File"->"Add Photo" to add your images into the program. You can also click on the "Add" button to import the images. To remove the imported images, click on the "Remove" button next to the "Add" button.
- If the imported images do not fit the preview panel, click on "Edit"->"Fit Screen" to make them fit the preview panel.
- If you want to rearrange the imported images, press the "Edit images" button beside the "Remove" button to open the "Edit images" panel. In this panel, you can drag and drop photos to adjust the sequence of the images. Here you can also delete the unwanted image by right-clicking on the image and choosing "Delete".
- If some images look much wider than the others, you can cut off some areas to balance the widths of the images and make the collage look better. Go to the "STITCHING" section. As you can see, there are three options. Select the left one. Press one arrow button to activate the cropping function. Click on the image and hold the mouse button. Drag leftwards or rightwards to cut off some areas.
- Press the "Save as" button to export the stitched image to a desired location. Or click on "File"->"Save As" to save the stitched image into a destination folder.
An alternative to Photo Stitcher
Photo Stitcher is a piece of commercial software. You can only use it 15 times for free. The pro version costs you $29. If you are looking for a free image stitching app, IMGoline.com.ua is a good choice. It is a web-based app for you to collage images together online. Without further ado, let's see how to use it to get the job done.
How to collage images together with IMGonline.com.ua
- Head over to the site. Choose "Different tools" on the top menu bar.
- Choose "Combine two pictures into one" in the list of tools.
- Click on the "Choose file" buttons to upload two images. The supported image formats include BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
- Go to the "Combining settings" section. Select the desired direction to position the image. Choose one auto size adjustment option to make the size of one image adapts the size of another one.
- Go to the "Output image format" section. Choose the output image format for the stitched image. Customize the quality for the stitched image if you choose to export the stitched image as a JPG.
- When you are ready, press the "OK" button to start the stitching process. When the process is done, click on "Download image" to download the stitched image.
- Do the same steps to combine the downloaded photo with other images to get the final collaged image.
Image stitching software comes in handy when it comes to making a collage with photos, screenshots, or pictures. You can make a nice collage by using the two apps mentioned above. Photo Stitcher allows you to merge an unlimited number of images at a time but you have to shell out some money to buy it. IMGonline.ua.co is free for use but it only allows you to merge two images each time. If someday you find other great app to handle the task, please let me know in the comment section below.