Since Apple introduced HEIC on iOS11, this format has been becoming more and more popular among iPhone users. HEIC, standing for High Efficiency Image Format, is a wonderful format for saving photos on iPhone. Using sophisticated compression ways, it dramatically reduces the image size but keeps the image quality. That is why HEIC is more advanced than JPG. Although HEIC is a very good image container, it also causes troubles. HEIC is not supported on all platforms. If someone sends HEIC images to your Windows computer or you transfer HEIC photos from iPhone to your Windows laptop, your device can't open HEIC files because no native image viewers let you view them. But don't be worried because we have HEIC file converter software. This kind of software is able to convert an HEIC image to a normal JPG or PNG. There are plenty of HEIC converter apps on the digital market. It is hard to tell which are reliable. I am sure finding reliable software tools will take a lot of time. If you want to save your time doing so, please continue reading this article. In this article, I will introduce you to two software tools with which you can easily change HEIC to JPG or PNG.
#1. FonePaw HEIC Converter
FonePaw HEIC Converter is a user-friendly desktop HEIC converter. This practical software tool is able to turn HEIC files into PNG and JPG. It has two versions. One is for Windows. The other one is for Mac. You are allowed to use its batch mode to convert multiple HEIC files at the same time. FonePaw HEIC Converter doesn't require any license code to register since it is completely free to use. Before starting conversion, you are given the possibility to customize the quality of the output image and choose to preserve the EXIF data or not. As for the conversion speed, you can expect a very fast conversion that finishes within a few seconds. The entire conversion is performed on your computer, which means your file won't be uploaded to third parties. Therefore, don't worry about data breaches. All in all, FonePaw HEIC Converter is a good choice if you want an intuitive app to quickly convert HEIC to PNG or JPG.
- Come in two versions: Windows and Mac.
- Support batch converting HEIC images.
- Free to use.
- You can adjust the quality for the output image.
- You can decide to keep the EXIF data or not.
Let's see how to use FonePaw HEIC Converter to change HEIC to JPG or PNG.
How to change HEIC to JPG or PNG with FonePaw HEIC Converter
- Download the installer. Launch it and follow the instructions of the wizard to install it on your computer.
- After installing the app, open the program and you will be greeted with a clean window.
- Drag and drop your HEIC image into the window. Or click on the "Add HEIC" button to import your HEIC image into the program.
- Go to the "Conversion Settings:" section at the top right corner of the window. The default format of the output image is JPG. If you want to choose PNG, open the "Format" drop-down menu and select "PNG".
- Type in the number in the "Quality" box to set the quality of the output image.
- If you want to preserve the Exif data during the conversion, check the "Keep EXIF Data" box.
- Enter the path of the saving folder in the "Output Path" box.
- When you are ready, press the "Convert" button and the HEIC image will be converted to the desired image format. When the conversion is finished, you will see the "Conversion Finished" prompt dialog box. Click on the "Open folder" button to get the converted image.
#2. Vertexshare Command Line Converter
If you want to convert your HEIC image without installing anything to your computer, Vertexshare Command Line Converter is worth a shot. Vertexshare Command Line Converter is a free solution to let you use command lines to transform HEIC to JPG and PNG. The only downside of it is that converting HEIC images in batches is not supported. Without further ado, let's see how to use Vertexshare Command Line Converter to change HEIC to JPG or PNG in the following part.
How to change HEIC to JPG or PNG with Vertexshare Command Line Converter
- Download a ZIP archive. Extract the files in the archive to a folder.
- Copy and paste your HEIC image to the folder where the files in the archive are extracted.
- Double-click on "HeicFIleConsole.exe" and the CMD window will show up.
- Enter the format you want to convert HEIC to. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
- Enter "Start" to start the converting HEIC format. Wait for a few seconds. When the conversion is completed, you will see the prompt "All heic images have been converted" in the CMD window.
- Navigate to the folder where you put the HEIC image. You will see the converted JPG or the PNG image.
Though HEIC is a pretty good image format, it is not compatible with Windows devices. As a Windows user, you may receive HEIC images from others. It is frustrating that you are not able to open them on your Windows computer. So, it is necessary to convert HEIC images to the image format you can view on your device. The two software tools mentioned above are developed to help you get the JPG or PNG from HEIC. Give them a shot and you won't be disappointed. If someday you find other software tools that do a great job of converting HEIC to JPG or PNG, please let me know by leaving your comment below.