HEIC format is not strange to most iPhone users. If people take a photo with an iPhone with iOS 11 or the later version, the photo will be saved in this format by default. This format is better than JPG and has a lot of advantages. It dramatically reduces the size of the image while keeping the quality. An HEIC image is around the half of a JPG for the same quality. Besides, HEIC supports transparency and 16-bit color. What's more, it can store image edits you can undo, like cropping and rotating. The only disadvantage of HEIC is its incompatibility. JPG can be viewed on any device but HEIC is not supported on Windows-based computers. It is a little annoying that you can't open HEIC images sent from your friends or colleagues. You may wonder whether it is possible to convert HEIC images to the normal image formats. The answer is yes. By leveraging HEIC converter software, you can get JPG or PNG from HEIC. There are too many HEIC converter apps on the market. If you want to find reliable products, you will spend much time. I am sure you definitely would like to save your time. That is why I will take you through two apps that can help you quickly obtain JPG or PNG from HEIC in this article.
#1. iMyFone Free HEIC Converter
iMyFone Free HEIC Converter is a nice app that is able to convert the HIEC photos taken by iOS devices to JPG. To use this app, you need to install the app onto your computer. This means that it converts HEIC images without the need for network connection and your files won't be sent to any server. Like many desktop HEIC converters, iMyFone Free HEIC Converter enables you to convert HEIC images in batch. It is worth mentioning that you are allowed to specify the quality for the converted images. Although this app is free to use, it requires a license. After you share it on Facebook or Twitter, you will receive a license from the provider. Overall speaking, iMyFone Free HEIC Converter is a handy tool to convert your iPhone photos from HEIC to JPG and can be easily mastered by all types of users.
- Offer two modes: Convert a single image/Convert multiple images in batch.
- No limit to the number of images you can add to the task.
- 100% safe conversion. You don't need to worry about data leaks since the conversion is performed offline.
- Allow you to preview the image when using the "Convert single Photo" mode.
- Provide the option to adjust the quality for the output image.
- Come with an intuitive interface.
- Free to use.
Now, let's see how to use iMyFone HEIC Converter to acquire a JPG from an HEIC image.
How to acquire a JPG from an HEIC image with iMyFone HEIC Converter
- Download and install iMyFone HEIC Converter on your Windows computer.
- Launch the program and you will see two options in a window. Select the option "Convert Single Photo".
- You will be taken to a new window. Here you can click on the "+" button to import the HEIC image or directly drag and drop it into the "Select A File" drop box.
- After the HEIC image is imported into the program, designate the quality of the output image and choose the folder to save the output image. Press the "Convert" button to start the conversion. Once the conversion is done, you will be notified by a pop-up dialog box.
#2. Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is another application that is developed for converting HEIC to other formats. It is able to change HEIC images to PNGs, JPGs, and PDFs. It takes up only 18MB space after it is installed on your computer. The app comes with a user-friendly interface and intuitive settings, which ensures that it can be quickly handled by both novices and professionals. Like iMyFone Free HEIC Converter, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter supports batch processing and has no limit to the number of images you want to convert. The conversion is very fast and completes within a few seconds to several minutes. Because Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is a desktop app, your HEIC images won't be uploaded to cloud servers during the conversion. Therefore, you are assured that there is no risk of privacy leaks. On the whole, no matter whether you want to convert an HEIC image to a JPG, PNG or PDF, Vertexshare HEIC File Converter is worth a shot.
- This is a piece of freeware.
- Very easy to use.
- You are allowed to process multiple HEIC images at the same time.
- The conversion is very quick and the converted images are of high quality.
- No data breaches as the conversion is done offline.
Let's dive into the part of how to use Vertexshare HEIC File Converter to acquire a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image.
How to acquire a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image with Vertexshare HEIC File Converter
- Throw your HEIC image into the window. Or click on the "Add Heic" button to import your HEIC image.
- When the HEIC image is loaded into the program, it will appear in the task list. If you imported the wrong image, click on the "Close" button to remove it.
- Press the "Options" button to open the "Options" dialog box. Click on "JPG" or "PNG" to select the image format you want to convert HEIC to.
- Navigate to the bottom of the window. Click on the "Browse" button to specify the folder where you want to save the JPG or PNG. Or type in the path of the saving folder in the "Save Path" box.
- Press "Convert" to begin converting the HEIC image. A green check mark will prompt you the conversion is done.
It is indisputable that HEIC is a great format for compressing images and preserving their quality. But it is not compatible with many platforms other than iOS 11. You may find yourself having to convert HEIC to the format you can open on your device. This is when the two apps mentioned above come to your aid. By using them, you can easily and quickly get a JPG or PNG from an HEIC image. Give them a shot and you would love to put them in your arsenal.